Hello, WCDAC Members!
We are so excited to invite you to our IN-PERSON, OUTDOOR holiday party! A few things we are doing a little differently this year:
- We will not be charging a party entrance fee for members. You will receive one drink ticket at the door and the rest are on you, but there will be plenty of food provided for everyone.
- We are hosting at a private event space, so we ask that you please RSVP.
- You MUST be vaccinated to attend, preferably with a booster!
Thank you so much for your understanding as we adapt to meet the changing times. We so look forward to celebrating the season with you.
Wednesday, May 20th, 2020
Orientation | 9:00a PDT
“Who, What, When, Where, Why”
Life In LA | 10:00a – 11:30a PDT
Practical Advice for What to Expect in Los Angeles…and in Life!
LA Confidential | 12:30p – 2:00p PDT
Intimate Chats with Professionals in Your Field
Golden State Of Mind | 3:00p – 4:30p PDT
Choose Your Own Adventure and Sign Up for One of Four Special Topics
Visit https://www.drama.cmu.edu/eshowcase/ for more info!
Connect with our Graduating Students
Schedule One-on-One conversations with students from our Acting/Music Theater, Design, Directing, Dramatic Writing, Dramaturgy, and Production Technology and Management Options. Simply complete our brief “about you” form, select the student or students with whom you wish to meet, and hit “Let’s Connect.” We will be in touch shortly. That’s it … happy connecting!
On behalf of the Carnegie Mellon University School of Drama, we invite you to support the class of 2020 during eShowcase on Monday, 5/18/2020!
The school is hosting a virtual presentation of work on that day, including a live event, and a website filled with student work that is active NOW! The details can be found below, including links to various aspects of the showcase experience. We encourage you to check out the excellent work by the students and urge you to contact them for further discussion.
On Wednesday May 20th WCDAC will hold a one day virtual version of our usual showcase week. You can see an overview of what we’re doing here. Although we can’t all be together to celebrate as we usually do, all of WCDAC salutes the graduating students and we welcome them into the ranks of School of Drama Alumni.
We hope that you are all staying safe, and all of the alumni and WCDAC members participating in eShowcase have our thanks!
– The WCDAC Board
- eShowcase: https://www.drama.cmu.edu/eshowcase/
- Graduating Students: https://www.drama.cmu.edu/eshowcase/graduate-profiles/
- Schedule a One-on-One meeting: https://www.drama.cmu.edu/eshowcase/one-on-one/
- What is eShowcase?: https://www.drama.cmu.edu/eshowcase/what-is-eshowcase/
- What is Zoom? https://www.drama.cmu.edu/eshowcase/what-is-zoom/
- Questions?: https://www.drama.cmu.edu/eshowcase/faq/
Monday October 14th, 7:30 – 10pm.
The Fat Dog
11050 W. Magnolia Blvd.
North Hollywood, CA 91601
Please join us for the WCDAC New Member Welcome 2019. We couldn’t be more excited to celebrate with you! Help welcome new WCDAC drama alumni family to the West Coast – this is a chance to greet our new members and share your advice on Los Angeles, the West Coast, and life! Say hello to friends both old and new!
This is a FREE event! to attend! Light appetizers will be provided, and there is a cash bar. Find the link to our Facebook event here. You can RSVP, like our WCDAC page and invite other drama alumni to join!
The nearest parking is a public lot at 11231 W. Magnolia Blvd, as well as multiple parking lots around the intersection of Lankershim and Magnolia (about 3 blocks away from Fat Dog). There is also metered street parking on Magnolia and the side streets around Fat Dog.
Hi all, welcome to the new and improved WCDAC website! We are now up and running with our latest design.
Hi WCDAC! We are excited to announce our 2017 New Member Welcome.
We’ll be hanging out at the Fat Dog in North Hollywood to enjoy some appetizers & drinks, and get to know our new members here in LA!
We’ve recently re-designed the website with a few goals in mind listed below. Let us know what you think in the comments section of this post. Are you encountering any issues? See a typo? Looking for something online you can’t find here? During the new website phase-in, we’d love to know your thoughts.
New Website Goals
- Modernized Interface & Look
- Full Mobile Device Compatibility
- Active Forums section – post your insider tips & help folks getting started in LA!
- This section is hidden from the public, much like:
- Working Member Directory
- You choose how much profile information to show to fellow members
- ALL of your info is hidden from the “public” – folks who aren’t logged into the WCDAC website.
- Up-To-Date Source for latest News & Events
- NEW Showcase Info Coming Soon
- Event Registration/RSVP within the website
- Removed thousands of spam accounts on the website which had built up over a few years.
- Active SPAM protection is in place to keep this from happening again!
- Mobile Device compatibility